North and South Wheatley Parish Council consists of 10 residents who are voluntary Councillors serving a four year term ending in 2023.
Council Meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of every month in the village hall, we have resumed face to face meetings now Covid rules have relaxed.
Who we are & what we do
Our councillors are elected or co-opted. They do not get paid, receive a salary or an expenses allowance, they volunteer their time for the community.
Clerk & Responsibile Financial Officer to the Parish Council
Sara is Clerk, Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer of the Parish Council. She carries out all functions expected by law of such an officer and undertakes all administrative duties of the Council. The Clerk's duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the Council is run in accordance with the law and abides by statute.
- Maintain financial records of the Council and prepare records for audit
- Prepare the Council's Budget
- Implement the Council's decisions
- Submit the Precept Requirement to Bassetlaw Council
- Monitor and Process Staff wages, PAYE and HMRC returns
- Ensure the Council has adequate Insurance Cover.
- Keep property/asset registers and other legal documents up-to-date
- Work with the Chairman and other members as appropriate
- Prepare and issue the Council Agendas
- Produce the minutes of the meetings
- Provide appropriate legal and practical advise to the Council members
- Obtain quotes for tenders
- Review rental incomes, Negotiate Leases & Contracts with the Council for its lands/tenancies
- Receive, Study & Reply to all correspondence on behalf of the Council.
- Deal with phone inquiries for the Council
- Carry out proactive research for the Council suggesting ways to improve procedures or services of the parish.
- Supervise staff and undertake tasks in connection with salaries and conditions of employment
- Act as a representative of the Council and attend meetings
- Liaise with the District Council and County Council on matters of concern to the Parish Council
- Maintain contact with the local District Councillor and County Councillor
- Prepare press releases for the Council
- Act as a point of contact for residents within the Parish and for outside bodies.
- The Old Milking Palour
- 01427 881582